Why is methanol an effective energy source?
Energy storage and transport are of great importance in the fight against climate change. To use energy as effectively as possible, it is important to manage supply intelligently.
- Liquid methanol can be stored for years at room temperature and under normal pressure.
- Transport and logistics require only minor improvements to today’s distribution and storage infrastructure.
- There is no technology in the world that produces energy simultaneously for mobility, electricity generation and heating and cooling needs. Only methanol offers energy in usable form for the three areas of application.
- Electrification is reaching its limits with heavy loads, air and sea traffic. Synthetic methanol is an alternative here.
- At room temperature and normal pressure (99 kgH2/m3), methanol has a storage capacity twelve times greater than hydrogen gas (7.8 kgH2/m3).